Monday, March 28, 2011

Purple & white (Iris)

Purple & White (Iris)

Watercolor on paper


The cherry trees are blossoming and many new plants are pushing through the soil in my garden. Spring is here! It's my first spring in this house, after we returned to the USA, and I can't wait to see what the previous tenants planted in my garden while we were away. By the shape of the leaves, I can tell that I have a lot of irises but don't know the variety.... the wait and expectation are killing me!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

A beautiful iris and I love how you made it front and center by dimming the back blooms out.

Susan Roux said...

It will be like Christmas presents! Perennials keep surprising you all season long. Enjoy!

theresamillerwatercolors said...

Thank you, Autumn!

Susan: you are right, so unexpected and wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails