Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Masquerade

Masquerade
Watercolor on paper
Carnival is just around the corner and I know this because my sister is coming to visit from Brazil (yay!) where the whole country stops for a whole week to celebrate this wonderful festival. As for myself, I decided to update my neglected (sorry!) art blog with this watercolor that I just finished painting. With "Masquerade", I tried to depict the more enigmatic carnival of medieval Venice, Italy. It was fun doing the detailed work....

5 comments:

Marie Theron said...

A lovely painting, but how strange a masque is: it hides a person and at the same time reveals a lot! I thrill at that under tone of menace that all masks represent!

Autumn Leaves said...

Theresa, this is beautiful! I love the colorful and detailed outfit and mask!

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful masquerade, Teresa. Good work.

The Art of Phil Davis said...

Beautiful work....as usual!

theresamillerwatercolors said...

Thank you, everybody!

Related Posts with Thumbnails