Thursday, January 14, 2010

Egypt by Theresa Miller


Egypt
Watercolor on paper

Happy New Year to everyone!
I hope you had a great holiday season! Our vacation to Egypt over New Year holidays was absolutely fantastic! We visited our friends who just moved to Cairo and stayed at their beautiful villa as their first guests. It was great seeing so many old friends who presently live in Egypt and I was thrilled to make new friends, too! Our cruise on the Nile and strategic touring stops was truly special - I was thrilled to visit all those places that I had only seen on TV and magazines before, and then some. Egypt is magical!

The painting, above, is from a reference photo that I took at the Philae Temple in Aswan, Egypt. This Egyptian security guard was taking a cigarrete break (I think) from his guard duties. The sun suddenly came out from behind the clouds and hit his clothes and turban - just right....

4 comments:

mario said...

oh I went to Egypt some years ago and it was fantastic! I hope return back to this country soon.
And your watercolour is fantastic too. But what a pity it is too small picture!

Autumn Leaves said...

Theresa, this is a fabulous piece. I love watercolors and you've made them mysterious in this piece. There is a darkness that speaks of tombs and ruins and mystery and intrigue in this one. I just love it!

theresamillerwatercolors said...

Thank you, Mario, AutumnLeaves, I appreciate your comments!

dominique eichi said...

THis one is stunning ........ just very beautiful !

Related Posts with Thumbnails