Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Art League December Exhibit

Sunny Magnolia I
Watercolor on Paper
My early watercolor “Sunny Magnolia I” has been juried into The Art League December exhibit at the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria, VA. This is a highly competitive exhibit with an average 600 submissions and 130 pieces of work accepted per month. This is also the exhibit that I have visited for over two decades, as a collector, even before I became a painter, so you can imagine how honored I am to be one of the selected artists for the exhibit. The Gallery also has an installation of small works titled “Greetings from…” in which two of my post card size original watercolors are on display. I hope you can visit the exhibit at The Torpedo Factory Art Center if you visiting or live in the Washington D.C. area.

6 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Congratulations! This painting is wonderful. I love the shadows and how they create depth in your blossom.

Maria's Watercolor said...

Such a lovely painting, the darks and light, soft and hard edges, highly deserving of its acceptance into the exhibit! Congratulations to you.

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Congrats Theresa! You must be delightedn ot only making it into the show but being a place so meaningful to you, it's great!

irinapictures said...

Congratulations! Great when pleasure of painting is honored by the pleasure of acceptation. As I am definitely will not visit the show)))), could you please post photos of it?

Marie Theron said...

Congratulations, Theresa! The very first painting I saw of you was magnolia, and they still provide a thrill!

Autumn Leaves said...

Each of these last paintings are simply marvelous. Your studio views are phenomenal. Hoping you are enjoying your new place and hope the holidays are wonderful for you and yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails